It’s a common question, and a fair one at that: how long do Fleshlights last?
After all, if you’re spending $70 (or more) on a male masturbator then you want to be comfortable knowing it was money well spent.
Otherwise, you might as well just get a cheap knockoff!
Well, fortunately, the wide lineup of Fleshlight products has a number of advantages over those “cheap knock-offs”.
They’re made from body-safe materials, offer plenty of model options, and generally last a long time!
However, there are a few different factors that can affect the final lifespan of your favorite masturbator.
Let’s find out what those are!
How Long Do Fleshlights Usually Last?
Unfortunately, there isn’t any one answer for this. Generally, you can expect your Fleshlight to last at least two years (provided you keep up with the recommended maintenance practices).
Of course, there are always exceptions.
You could rip the sleeve within the first couple of uses. You could also get lucky and have one that lasts for half a decade!
If you want to really play it safe, you can stick to using only Fleshlight-branded cleaning equipment for your beloved toy.
Even then though, there’s no guarantee that it will last forever.
Still, if you’ve been paying attention and follow the tips we’ve listed above, you should get more than your money’s worth out of your favorite Fleshlight!
What is SuperSkin?
Fleshlight sleeves are made of a material named “SuperSkin®”, but what exactly is SuperSkin® made of? Well, no one knows for sure, as SuperSkin® is a proprietary blend made specifically by the Fleshlight company. However, we do know what TPE is!
TPE (thermoplastic elastomer) is a porous material that’s cheaper than silicone commonly found in many different types of sex toys. TPE is relatively soft to the touch, latex-free, phthalate-free, and works great for toys with vibrating parts. However, unlike silicone (a popular, more expensive alternative), TPE can’t be sterilized and is limited to use with water-based lubricants only.
What Harms TPE?
If you want your Fleshlight to last a long time then you’ll need to know what harms TPE (SuperSkin®).
There are a few different things that can damage your favorite toy, so pay close attention to this list!
- Oils – There are a plethora of ways that oil can make it onto your Fleshlight. However, the most common ways are through physical contact (with your skin) and from using oil-based lubricants. Stick to water-based lubricants when using your Fleshlight!
- Heat – TPE can deal with room temperature to warm temperatures, but you’ll want to avoid temperatures above 140°F. If exposed to high temperatures for too long, your toy could actually begin to melt. A good rule of thumb is this: if it’s too hot (or cold) for your skin, it’s too hot/cold for your Fleshlight!
- Moisture – Mold loves moisture and the porous TPE material leaves plenty of places for bacteria to grow! Combine this with the fact that you’ll be using water-based lubricants with your Fleshlight and you’ll quickly see how this can become an issue. Once present, mold is nearly impossible to remove from your toy!
Essential Fleshlight Maintenance
So, you wanted to know how long your toy will last?
In all honesty, the answer depends on you! If you forgo essential maintenance and are constantly rough with your Fleshlight, your toy could be out of commission in as little as a few months!
Fortunately, with the right maintenance and a bit of care, your Fleshlight could be a reliable masturbatory aid for years to come. Follow the tips below if you’d prefer the latter!
Clean Your Fleshlight After Every Use
Even if you wear a condom when using your Fleshlight, you’ll still need to clean the inside of your Fleshlight.
Oils from your skin, semen, and lubricant residue will not only damage the material if left inside but also begin to smell and grow mold as time progresses.
Surely you don’t want your favorite Fleshlight to become some sort of bacterial biome!? Thankfully, simply cleaning your Fleshlight after every use can prevent this from happening.
First, you’ll want to wash your Fleshlight out using warm water. The company recommends doing this and then following it up by spraying your Fleshlight with Fleshwash, their anti-bacterial spray formulated specifically to avoid damaging the SuperSkin®. After spraying the Fleshwash, simply the Fleshlight before storing it away! This is the official Fleshlight cleaning process.
However, there is an alternative process that we also recommend. Like the previous method, you’ll need warm water, but you’ll be using antibacterial soap this time. Wash the toy using soap and warm water. Make care to reach all the nooks and crannies of the toy’s interior sleeve. Wash once using soap and water, then again with only water before attempting to dry the toy.
TPE is a sensitive material. Although alcohol is effective at killing bacteria, neither Bedbible nor the Fleshlight company recommends using it to clean your Fleshlight as it will be detrimental to the material over time.
Make Sure It’s Dry Before Storage
Now that your Fleshlight is clean, you’ve managed to eliminate any oils or other foreign substances that could harm the inner sleeve. The remaining water itself won’t harm the material. However, it will allow mold to grow which will render your Fleshlight unuseable! For this reason, it’s vital that you ensure your Fleshlight is completely dry before putting it away in storage.
The exterior of your Fleshlight sleeve (as well as the case) can simply be pat-dried using a paper towel, but the interior is a bit harder to reach. Fleshlight offers three stands to help you dry your toy—a case stand, a sleeve stand, and a bar hanger—as well as the Fleshlight Air™. Any of these products will work, but if you want to save a bit of money, a fan or an absorption stick will be fine too. Regardless of what you use, make sure your Fleshlight is dry before storage!
Treat the Material With Renewing Powder
In addition to cleaning and drying the Fleshlight after every use, it’s also important to treat the SuperSkin® material with renewal powder.
You can use either the official Fleshlight Renewing Powder or cornstarch (which is essentially the same material used in the powder, albeit a lot cheaper!). After the toy is dry but before storing it away, simply cover the sleeve in a light coating of the powder.
That’s it: you don’t need to wipe it off, just store your toy as normal! Treating the SuperSkin® will help the material maintain its elasticity and keep a “realistic” feel. This is crucial for users who hope to get years from their Fleshlight.
Did you ruin your old Fleshlight and are looking to buy a new? Then you should definetly have a look at our Flehslight girl reviews.
We reviewed every single pornstar pocket pussy from Fleshlight and made 28 reviews in total:
- Riley Reid Fleshlight Sleeve
- Elsa Jean Fleshlight Sleeve
- Stoya Destroya Fleshlight Sleeve
- Adriana Chechik Fleshlight Sleeve
- Kendra Sunderland Fleshlight Sleeve
- Lana Rhoades Fleshlight Sleeve
- Dillion Harper Fleshlight Sleeve
- Emily Willis Fleshlight Sleeve
- Angela White Fleshlight Sleeve
- Jenna Haze Fleshlight Sleeve
- Alexis Texas Fleshlight Sleeve
- Ana Foxxx Fleshlight Sleeve
- Jessica Drake Fleshlight Sleeve
- Brandi Love Fleshlight Sleeve
- Madison Ivy Fleshlight Sleeve
- Kendra Lust Fleshlight Sleeve
- Nicole Aniston Fleshlight Sleeve
- Janice Griffith Fleshlight Sleeve
- Eva Lovia Fleshlight Sleeve
- Kimmy Granger Fleshlight Sleeve
- Christy Mack Fleshlight Sleeve
- Autumn Falls Fleshlight Sleeve
- Kissa Sins Fleshlight Sleeve
- Tori Black Fleshlight Sleeve
- Ella Hughes Fleshlight Sleeve
- Maitland Ward Fleshlight Sleeve
- Alina Lopez Fleshlight Sleeve